Friday, March 29, 2013

All in Good Time


There is a “time to mourn and a time to dance” according to Ecclesiastes 3:4. Today is Good Friday.  It is the “time to mourn” as we remember all that Jesus went through making the ultimate sacrifice…for me…for you. We don’t like to remember this day. It is too painful. We want to skip this part and go straight to the empty tomb. Yeah, the empty tomb that calls for us to do the happy dance.

But…

          Can we really know happiness without having experienced sadness?

                    Is sadness ever fully realized without mourning?

There is a time for everything under the sun. So, today I mourn. My innermost being weeps for my Savior who gave up so much for me.

But alas, my hope is in the Lord. I know the ending to this story. Sunday will certainly be a day of dancing, for He has made everything beautiful in its time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11) 

No comments:

Post a Comment