Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Anti-Procrastination Wednesday

Several years ago I discovered Marla Cilley, the FlyLady. Through ideas from her book Sink Reflections and the www.flylady.net website I was able to make a few key changes in how I manage my household.

Marla talks about the importance of small routine actions that we can do daily to help make our lives simpler and more peaceful. Keeping the kitchen sink shiny is one of the first tasks to conquer. It is quite simple. Make sure that your sink is empty every night before you go to bed. That’s it! Whew, no rocket science here!

The FlyLady goes on to encourage simple evening and morning routines… pick out what you will wear in the evening and get dressed to the shoes first thing in the morning. Yes, it can still take me up to an hour to choose my outfit, but I don’t have to stress about that in the morning.

One of the best tips that I gleaned from the FlyLady is anti-procrastination Wednesday. It is the day to tackle all things that loom over your head just begging to be completed. You know the stuff… that one phone call that you have been dreading that you really need to make, balancing the check book, responding to certain emails while cleaning out your inbox, etc.

These are beginner 101 activities that any proper type A will do in their sleep. I am not type A, obviously. I want to gain a little peace in my life and I will take all of the help I can get to find it.

Now, where did I put that list of things to do…

Happy Anti-Procrastination Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment