Thursday, April 11, 2013

Relationship Balancing Act


Family, friends, co-workers, committee members, fellow volunteers, class mates …the list goes on and on and on! I enjoy being around others so this one is particularly difficult for me to balance with consistency.

I realized a while back that I was not spending enough quality time with my parents. This was crazy talk considering they live two blocks from me! We had to be more deliberate so we established a set coffee time each week. I really look forward to seeing them and catching up over a cup of joe every week.

I must say that I do have a tendency to use the all or nothing approach. I will not see friends for a month and then I see everyone in the same week. It’s a blast, mind you, but nothing else gets done, then it’s nose to the grindstone and the cycle begins again.

So…here is a twist for today’s blog; I am in need of a few good tips.

          How do I maintain balance when I typically repel routines and everyday check lists?

                    How do I adjust the relationship with my children as they become adults?

                              Is there a valuable place for social media in my relationships?

I would very much appreciate any words of wisdom that you would like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment