Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Physical Balancing Act


With each passing year it takes WAY more energy to obtain significantly LESS result. Once I got over myself and accepted this, things started shaping up for me. Creating balance physically heavily relies on this one thing you must do …and that is ….wait for it ….move.

Just move.

Walk, stretch, clean the house, wash the car, do some yard work, Pilates, yoga, run, bike…so many choices!

 I have a personal trainer. She is a bargain at 50 bucks for unlimited sessions. She motivates me by saying stuff like, “You nailed that! You just beat your personal best!” and she doesn’t give me a rash when I stop after three whole burpees because I’m sucking wind.  Of course, I am referring to my Nike Xbox Crossfit trainer. My goal is to work with her 3 days a week and jog 3 days a week. I am still working toward the 6 days…averaging 3 total right now…I have to say it is 3 days more a week than I was doing a month ago. Booyah!!

I want to be passionate about my physical activity! This does not come without loads of assistance! Here are a few good motivators:
1.       Find an app or website that inspires you. I like Steve Kamb’s Nerdfitness.com because I like being part     of the rebellion.(I discovered Steve through my friend TED)
2.       Music. There are all kinds of playlists available online. Find one that inspires you!
3.       Enlist a partner. You can cheer each other on or complain to each other. Either way you’ll be exercising
4.       Fake it until you make it. Don’t feel like moving today? Try the Wonder Woman pose! It is amazing how well it works!  Stand up. Stand tall with feet firmly planted on the ground, shoulder width apart, hands on your hips. Hold this pose for 2 minutes.  It will chemically alter your confidence level (seriously. Check out TED speaker Amy Cuddy: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are).  

My goal is not to look like Wonder Woman…but assuming her power stance gives me the strength and confidence to choose to move. I want to be, look, and feel healthy and confident. I want to have the energy and stamina to face any challenge that I might encounter along this path in life.

Yoda hit the nail on the head when he said, “Do or do not, there is no try.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment